In addition to standard dental cleanings and exams, longtime dentist Dr. Martin and our team offer Punta Gorda general dentistry to make sure:
- Your teeth and gums are in excellent condition
- You have a smile you can be proud of
- We catch and treat small dental problems early on
- You have peace of mind about your oral health
Find out more about our general dentistry services here, then call Smiles of Punta Gorda today at 941-585-0424 to schedule your first appointment! We’re open for early morning as well as late afternoon appointments.
Your General Dentist Will Help You Maintain a Great Smile
Some of our general dentistry services include:
- Dental Cleanings & Dental Exams – Regular checkups always involve cleanings, but these visits are about more than just having a pro “brush” your teeth. While you’re here, we will survey the overall condition of your mouth, including checking for any signs of oral cancer. At your visit, we can also provide fluoride treatments, sealants to protect your teeth, and nutritional advice based on the condition of your smile.
- Dry Mouth Counseling & Bad Breath Treatment – If you’re dealing with either of these common nuisances, we can provide treatments, advice, and product recommendations so your smile can return to normal.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We prevent painful gum disease from affecting your smile using a technique called scaling and root planing. This involves carefully numbing your mouth so we can deeply cleanse the area below your gumline. Plaque and tartar are removed from your gums, then your tooth roots are cleaned to prevent forming of harmful bacteria.
- Custom Athletic Mouthguards – We can have a custom mouthguard created for you to defend your smile while you’re in action. Mouthguards can also prevent teeth grinding and TMJ issues, which can lead to damaged tooth enamel, jaw pain, and headaches. The mouthguard we will have created in one of our trusted labs will be more comfortable and effective than any you can find at the drugstore.