If you’re like most folks, you find summer a good time to kick back and relax. But in between your cookouts and trips to the beach, did you know it’s also a good time to address some of your family’s dental needs?
Our team is happy to help! Simply call Smiles of Punta Gorda at 941-585-0424 for assistance with any of the following or with any other dental needs:
- Starting Orthodontic Treatment Off Right – One of the advantages of Invisalign is that it’s easier to adjust to than metal braces. However, you or your child may still feel a bit self-conscious when you first begin wearing your aligners. Minimize those feelings by starting treatment in the summer when you’re spending less time at school or work.
- Avoiding the Back-to-School Rush for Family Exams – Many people put off their family’s exams and cleanings for most of the summer, then want to get in right before school starts. This results in a crowded calendar for us. For the most flexible options for scheduling, make time for these essential services now.
- Keeping Teeth Safe During Sports – If you have athletes in your family, they should wear mouthguards to protect teeth from damage while they play. We know it’s tempting to skip it with store-bought mouthguards. They often don’t fit well and may require a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process before wearing. That’s not an issue with a mouthguard that is custom made for you. Let us fit you for one.
- Stopping Cavities Before They Start – Many of us indulge in more sugary treats while on vacation or just to quench our thirst at the beach. We may even brush our teeth less. Ask us about preventive treatments like fluoride and dental sealants. They provide added protection from cavities for your family’s smiles.
- Regaining Your Strong Bite – Missing teeth can make it tough to chew food. That’s especially frustrating at summer events where treats like steak, ribs, and corn on the cob are served. You’ll enjoy chewing power similar to what you had before losing teeth if we replace them with dental implants. We have other teeth replacement options too, including standard dentures and dental bridges.