Spring isn’t the same thing in Florida. Sure, the weather gets a bit warmer (from low 80s to low 90s), but the rainy season doesn’t get started until summer. Regardless, there’s a lot going on at this time of the year. People are having all kinds of big events like weddings and graduation parties, while now is a great time to be active before the weather gets too hot.
That’s also why now is a great time to get your family’s smiles fixed. Whether it’s a cosmetic issue like stained, dingy teeth or a restorative issue like a cracked or chipped tooth, you need to call our Punta Gorda, FL dentist’s office today at 941-585-0424 and make a new appointment this spring. Dr. Martin can see children as young as five years old, and he has the training and temperment needed for working with children. But he can definitely help adults as well!
Spring Cleaning For Your Smiles
Dentists recommend your family get a checkup and cleaning every six months. That’s because your teeth are constantly being used to chew your food. This leaves behind particles that feed harmful bacteria behind cavities and gum disease. Even the best brusher/flosser in the world doesn’t have the training and technology needed to protect smiles.
That’s why spring is a great time for your entire family to get their teeth cleaned. It helps everyone avoid costly repairs down the road. Besides, these visits are time for Dr. Martin to thoroughly examine smiles for any problems. By catching them early with twice-yearly visits, you can more easily (and often more affordably) correct them and keep smiles healthy and attractive.
Look Great In Pics
Weddings, graduations, family reunions, and relatives coming to enjoy the Florida sunshine tend to happen a lot in spring. That’s why your family deserves great-looking smiles at this time of year. You know how easy it is to take and share photos online. How do you want your family’s smiles to look? Thankfully, you can get great cosmetic dental treatments like these:
- Dental Veneers: If you want a drastic change that’s easy to get, this is for you. Veneers are tooth-shared shells for the front of your teeth. Each is made to look and feel like healthy enamel. Once Dr. Martin places them on your teeth, any imperfections like stains or chips are completely covered. Dental veneers can even cover small gaps between your teeth.
- Invisalign: Speaking of gaps, teens obviously need some orthodontic care so they can smile confidently. But adults often need some help too. That’s because teeth are never locked in place. Instead of suffering through braces, teens and adults can get Invisalign. This modern orthodontic system works faster, and because it’s made from smooth, clear plastic, it’s almost invisible when worn.
- Opalescence Teeth Whitening: While you can buy cheap whitening kits in stores these days, there’s a good reason why they’re cheap — they are purposely made weak to be sold over the counter. At Smiles of Punta Gorda, you can get much better results with Opalescence since it’s professional strength.
- Tooth Contouring: If you have a tooth or two that are misshapen, it can be embarrassing to show your teeth when you smile. But you can correct this with tooth contouring. Here, Dr. Martin will gently remove some enamel to reshape your tooth and make it look healthy and normal.
- Tooth Bonding: Even small problems can look big when you smile because damage is unexpected. That’s where this cosmetic dentistry treatment can help. By applying a thin layer of a tooth-colored resin, you can fill in chips, hide stains, and take years off your smile.
- Gum Treatments: Your gums should show a little whenever you smile. But many people either have too much gum tissue (so the teeth look oddly small) or too little (so the teeth look too big). Thankfully, both can be treated here. Between gum grafts and gum reshaping, you can finally get the right balance to your smile.
Keep Teeth Strong & Healthy
Some summers, it’s just too hot to spend time outside. That’s why so many people in Punta Gorda, FL enjoy outdoor activities in spring. From hitting the beach to volleyball and baseball, these activities are great — but they include a risk of damaging your teeth. That’s why spring is a great time for restorative dentistry treatments like these:
- Dental Crowns: These are one of the most versatile treatments available for your teeth. Made from Zirconium, e.max (ceramic), porcelain fused to metal, or full gold, these tooth-shaped caps will cover the entire visible part of your damaged tooth. Not only does this add protection, it seals up damaged areas so they don’t get worse with all that chewing you do every day.
- Dental Implants: Missing a tooth is more than a problem with how your smile looks. Food particles can collect there, your nearby teeth can grow crooked, and it can even affect your jaw joints when you bite down. A dental implant is a lifelike and long-lasting method of replacing that missing tooth.
- Dental Bridges: If your jawbone is too thin, though, you might not be able to get a dental implant. Don’t worry, you can still get a complete smile once again thanks to a dental bridge. Here, a dental crown is bonded to the teeth on either side of the gap. This fills in that space with a realistic looking replacement without oral surgery.
- Root Canals: Sometimes, the harmful bacteria behind cavities can break through your enamel and reach the tooth’s center. This is where all the nerve endings and pain receptors are found, so this is not only painful, it starts to starve your tooth. This turns it brittle and easier to crack or chip. A root canal can end that toothache and save the tooth by gently removing the infection.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Cavities are common, so fillings are common as well. They’re needed to fill in the decayed spot so the cavity stops growing and the tooth is still strong. But you don’t need silvery metal anymore. Instead, you can get fillings that are color-matched to that tooth in particular. You get the cavity repaired but your smile still looks healthy and normal.
Call Us Today
Spring will be over before you know it. Call our Punta Gorda, FL dentist’s office today at 941-585-0424 or use our convenient online form to schedule your next appointment. Whether it’s a for restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or a regular cleaning and checkup, we are here to help your entire family.