Dentures are one way to replace most or all of your teeth – but they may not be the best way. In many ways, implants outperform dentures. They offer a feel and function that is superior to other kinds of replacement teeth, especially when your treatment is performed by a dentist with advanced expertise in dental implants.
To see if implants are right for you, call Smiles of Punta Gorda at 941-585-0424 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeremy Martin, a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Unlike other dentists, he both places and restores dental implants. So you can receive your entire implant procedure in one convenient place.
In the meantime, check out some of the advantages of implants:
- Your Teeth Stay in Place – Suction is what keeps regular dentures in place. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work – even with the addition of adhesive. Once placed in your jaw, implants offer a highly stable foundation for your new teeth. They won’t slip out of place, causing you embarrassment. Plus, you’ll never need adhesive.
- You Can Eat What You Want – This kind of stability gives you a bite much stronger than what conventional dentures can provide. You won’t have to skip favorite foods because of worries about your chewing ability. Go ahead and have that apple!
- You’ll Never Think About Them – In addition to causing embarrassment, loose dentures can be uncomfortable. Dental implants feel so natural, most people forget they even have them.
- They Keep Your Jaw in Great Shape – Tooth roots keep the bone in your jaw from shrinking by stimulating the jaw when you chew. Without roots, you’ll lose bone density, giving your face an older look. Implants stimulate your jaw the same way that tooth roots do, so your bone stays strong and intact.
- Oral Hygiene Is Easy – In many cases, your oral hygiene won’t change at all. You’ll just brush and floss and see us for regular cleanings to keep your new teeth looking and feeling great.
Call 941-585-0424 now for an appointment in our Punta Gorda, FL office.